Here are a few tips to maintain your roof and gutters now so you can keep cozy through the winter months.
- Check your roof for any missing or loose shingles
- If you haven't done so, check your roof and gutters for signs of dents and damage from hail storms. There may be small tears or holes, in which case you should contact your insurance company about replacing those damaged shingles.
- If you have a chimney, check the flashing (weatherproofing materials installed around chimneys) to keep melting ice and snow out of your home
- Check your attic or upper ceiling for any leaks; if you find an area of concern, check it again immediately after rain to see if those area are damp
- Add insulation to your attic or crawlspace to to prevent ice dams from forming on the roof
- Add extensions to your spouts to move melting snow and ice away from your home
- If you haven't gotten a LeafGuard seamless gutter guard system installed yet, clean the leaves and debris from your gutters and downspouts.
If you'd like to find out more about how LeafGuard can make your outdoor winter prep easier, contact us